SCHOOL OF MEDICINE – FMB
SOLID SCIENTIFIC BASE
The School of Medicine of Botucatu (FMB), of Unesp, is prominent both on the national and international level in all the activities it develops, in both courses it offers. The course of Medicine aims at the solid graduation, which privileges the contact and the educational actions, as well as meeting the health problems most prevalent in the population, the permanent pursuit of knowledge, the ethical and humanistic posture, and the commitment with the citizenship. The course of Nursing has as its goal to have generalist, humanist professionals graduated, with a critical sense and conscious of their role in the society, who exercise their attributions with competence, meeting the health social needs of individuals, families and communities, with an emphasis in the Unifi ed Health System (SUS), assuring the entirety of attention, the quality and the humanization of the assistance provided. Since the beginning of the course, the students take part of professional activities performed, initially, in residences, schools and work places of the SUS’ users. Gradually, they start to work in the primary health care network, in outpatient clinics of specialties, general and specialized hospitals, mental health services and emergency rooms of the municipality of Botucatu and region.
The School of Medicine of Botucatu has three research support units, that count with specialized human resources and provides highly complex multiuser equipment. They are: Experimental Research Unit (Unipex); Clinic Research Unit (Upeclin); and Research Unit in Collective Health (Upesc).
An important part of the extension activity comprises the medical and nursing assistance, provided to the population of the coverage area of the HCFMB Complex, formed by Hospital das Clínicas (Clinics Hospital), Hospital Estadual de Botucatu (State Hospital of Botucatu), Attention and Reference Service for Alcohol and Drugs (Sarad), Infectious Disease Specialized Outpatient Clinics Service “Domingos Alves Meira” (Hospital Dia da Aids), Centro de Saúde Escola e Prontos-Socorros (School and Emergency Rooms Health Center) – children’s and adult.
▪ Undergraduation: Nursing and Medicine
▪ Graduation (stricto sensu): Anesthesiology, Surgery General Bases, Tropical Diseases, Nursing, Pathophysiology in Medical Clinic, Gynecology, Obstetrics and Mastology, Pathology, and Collective Health
▪ Professional Masters: Nursing, Medicine, Clinical Research, Research and Development (Medical Biotechnology)
▪ National Post-doctorate Program – PNPD: Anesthesiology, Surgery General Bases, Nursing, Gynecology, Obstetrics and Mastology, Pathology, and Collective Health
▪ Graduation (lato sensu) – Sports, Nutritional and Pathophysiological Metabolic Control
▪ Physical space (campus of Botucatu): 21,266,615.00 m²
▪ Constructed area (FM): 41,972.00 m²
▪ 697 undergraduate students
▪ 885 graduate students
▪ 249 professors
▪ 1.121 technical-administrative servants
School of Medicine of Botucatu
Distrito de Rubião Júnior, s/n
Phone: (55) 14 3880-1012
View large map